Monday, September 24, 2012

Learning Styles

     Last Friday in ROGATE, we took two tests to determine how we learn and what intelligences we have.   These are the results.
     The first test was the Gregorc Learning/Teaching Styles test.  Its results tell us who we are and how we learn.  I tested into the concrete random group.  This means I am independent, creative, a risk-taker, unusual, an experimenter, inventive, a problem solver, curious, investigative, and intuitive.  All of these apply to who I am, except for the creative one.  I have no idea how I came up with creative in my results.  Anyway, the test also lists how I learn.  Apparently I learn best with:

  • Games and simulation
  • Problem solving
  • Creating products
  • Independent study
  • Experiments
  • Unusual solutions
  • Options
  • Open-ended work
  • Practical ideas
  • Few restrictions
     Again, all of these apply, although I am not the best at creating things unless given exact instructions.
     The second test was the Gardner Multiple Intelligences test.  The results tell us where our true intelligences lie.  I tested into four groups.  They are logical-mathematical, musical, bodily-kinesthetic, and interpersonal.  I also was strong in the spatial category.  These all make sense for me, except for the musical one.  While I play the piano, I have a hard time being enthusiastic about Mozart, and it might kill me to sit through a long opera.
     I think that if Steve Jobs had taken the Gregorc test, he would have tested into the abstract random group or the concrete sequential group.  This is because he was imaginative enough to create Apple and most of it's products, and he was practical enough to design and make products that would be useful to other people.  If Carli Lloyd took the Gardner test, she probably would have tested into the bodily-kinesthetic group.  You have to be athletic to score four goals in Olympic soccer.
     This is how I learn and where my intelligence is the strongest.  This is what I think the reults would be if these people had taken these two tests.  Thank's for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment