Thursday, January 3, 2013

Looking Back on 2012

In 2012, I learned a lot about life, the world, and myself.  I learned that I can survive the end of the world.  I also made some resolutions. 
     To be honest, I didn't think 2012 was going to be anything special.  I was so wrong.  In 2012, my great aunt passed away, I started at a new school, started a new soccer team, and worked at the Jersery shore helping Hurricane Sandy victims.  The last one was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.  I learned so much from working there for a day, I would never take back the boring, cold wait or the long drive.  I learned to never take anything for granted.  Honestly, when someone shows up wanting food and you hand them a bottle of water and a granola bar, and they act like it's a meal at a 5 star restaurant, you realize how much you really have.  I will never forget it.
     In 2013, I have 2 resolutions.  The first is to train more for soccer and lacrosse on my own.  The second is to not procrastinate.  I wait until the last minute to do everything.  For my honors geometry project, I waited until the day before it was due to start it.  If I have homework over the weekends, I will literally wait until 11:00 to do it.  I already feel accomplished, because it it 5:30 and I am done my homework.  Other than that, I didn't really think about resolutions.
     Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment